Eating has become such a social aspect of our lives that most of us don’t ever take a step back to really notice what we are ingesting in to our bodies. It’s no wonder that our sociality has become over weight and disease ridden, and the only thing most people know to do is what we were taught as a child, and that is to go to the doctor when you don’t feel well.
We tell the doctor how we are feeling, and he or she might run some tests or just going by your symptoms, tell you what they think you might “have”. Then they prescribe you a drug that costs you money, and tells you either that this will be a short term drug you have to take, or that you will have to take it forever.
Now you go and get your prescription drugs (the drug should raise some alarms in people’s heads), but since we trust our doctors, we take them anyway. The symptoms usually will seem to get better for a little bit, but since you are still eating the same diet as you were, that relief doesn’t last long, and soon you will have new symptoms rising up. You return to the doctor and the cycle continues. It is explained to us that what we are experiencing is the “aging process”.
Let me first say that doctors are great, and they do help save many lives, but what I want to stress in this article is that we need to begin taking our heath into our own hands, and begin using doctors as a guide, and not the end all to your health problems. Being on a cocktail of prescription drugs is not healthy, and eventually, it will kill you.
What we all need to begin doing, is to first take a look at your diet, and what you eat on a daily basis. If it’s not all that healthy, then the second thing is we need begin to choose a more natural diet. Secondly, you must find a doctor that is willing to work with you on finding solutions to whatever aliments you might have, and thirdly, you must begin to look into holistic ways of healing. If you look around you will find that Mother Nature has given us so many healing plants, herbs and foods. It’s just a matter of finding which one is right for you. What is most important is that we first realize why what we eat is the first step in feeling better and healing our bodies.
Top 5 list to keep eating healthy
1. You are what you eat – We literally become what we ingest into our bodies on a daily basis. If you eat processed foods, sugary drinks, over eat meat and dairy products, or worse yet, eat fast food every day, then you will become that. Those foods have no nutritional value to them, and they create no nutritional value for our bodies. Without proper nutrition, our bodies begin to die from the inside out. Disease and pain are formed as a warning sign from your body.
2. Food either heals us or it kills us – Food is either going to heal us and keep us strong and healthy, or it is going to kill us. Yes eventually we are all going to die, but wouldn’t you rather live out your life feeling the best you can?
I love to take part in as much sporting activity as possible in my next set of articles I am going to talk about crossfit training you may or may not have been told about crossfit but to sum it up quickly crossfit is a combination of all sports taken to the highest level you can physically do I hope the teachings of my own personal crossfit training and my education in healthy eating will set you on a new found path.
When we eat highly nutritional foods, we are feeding our bodies life. On the other hand, when we eat processed and chemically laden foods, that have no nutritional value, and are foreign to our bodies, then the only thing the body can do is fight it and try to get rid of it as fast as it can, and if it can’t get rid of it fast enough, it will create fat in the body to store it in. All of that creates a toxic atmosphere in the body, and eventually things are going to start popping up in the body, like pain and disease.
3. Foods are either acidic or alkaline – The foods we eat are either going to have an alkalizing effect on the body, which is good, or an acidic effect on the body, which is bad. Acidic conditions create stored fat in the body, and alkaline conditions create a clean body. Highly processed, chemical, meats, dairy and refined sugars create acidic conditions in the body, while fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds create and alkaline state in the body.
4. Food either makes you fat or keeps you thin – If you are continuously filing your body will acidic foods, then it won’t be able to expel them quick enough and in order to keep you alive, the body will form fat in the body in order to store the acid. That is why when people first start to cleanse or detox, they can feel worse before they can feel better. It is because the acid that is in the fat in the body is finally able to be released. It gets released into the blood stream first before being expelled from the body, causing the feeling of sickness, tiredness and headaches. Once the acidic condition is taken care of, there is no need for the body to hold onto the fat anymore.
5. There is always a cause and effect – For everything you do and every choice you make, there is some kind of effect it brings. Whether it is the food you eat, the exercise or lack of exercise you do, or the choice of people you hang around, there is always going to be an effect from it that is wither good or bad. If you choose to eat heath foods, then the effect is going to be health and vitality, on the other hand, if you choose to eat poorly, then the effect is going to be heath problems.
Becoming more aware of what we eat is so important, especially if we want to live happy, healthy and full lives. There is just no way around this concept. You cannot eat fried foods all day long and keep your health intact for years to come.