We all have at least one person in our life that is a total fitness freak of nature like me. When the holidays roll around, it’s easy to get stumped when shopping for the fitness buff in your life. The whole sweat wicking t-shirt thing is appreciated, but it can be worn out if it’s the only gift you give five years in a row.
Fret no more! Below you will find an eclectic list of some of the top gifts every crossfit athlete would love to unwrap on Christmas morning. Some of these come with hefty price tag but they’re well worth—you’re likely to score a lot of points and have the favor returned with some of these as well.
Perfect Crossfit Gadgets
- Garmin Forerunner 10. The Garmin Forerunner 10 is the ultimate sports watch for most any crossfitter. It’s light, it’s comfortable, and it comes equipped with built in GPS and the ability to track pace, distance, and calories burned during your workout.
- GymBoss Interval Timer. This compact timer is the perfect addition to any gym bag and can be used as stopwatch to help users blast through workouts, or time intervals of high intensity training. Price: $20.
- ErgoBells are an upper body foam tool created to intensify strength training during a swim workout. They look a little goofy but they don’t get waterlogged and are small enough to store in your gym bag. Price: $25.
- TriggerPoint Foam Roller. The TriggerPoint Foam Roller is the best gift you could ever give a crossfit runner. It’s lightweight, durable, and the varying widths and densities it is available in can provide you with a perfectly precise massage. These rollers are perfect for rolling out sore muscles, preventing injuries, and improving range of motion. Price: $40.
- Joyus At Home Elliptical. ok so your probably thinking this is no good for crossfit workouts and your correct unless you use a full size machine on max!, however I have found this device to be perfect for a really good warm up before the crossfit training session haha your following me now. This is a nifty little machine—much smaller than the average elliptical—that’s guaranteed to keep you moving. Price: $125.
- ROAM Folding Yoga Mat. For your Yoga on the go there’s nothing worse than having to lug their pain-in-the-butt mat around campus or to the session it’s an ideal workout mat. The ROAM mat folds into a neat 12 x 12 square that’s easy to carry and easy to store. Price: $24.
- SKLZ AccuRoller. Akin to the foam roller, the AccuRoller comes with interchangeable balls used for targeting specific pressure points. This massage stick promotes recovery after a long trail cycling route or an intense crossfit workout—the fact that you can get a deep tissue massage out of it isn’t half bad either. Price: $40.
- Gopher Sandbells are a magical cross between medicine balls, kettle bells, and dumbbells. They are sturdy, stretchy, soft, and so much fun to work out with. You can toss them, you can lift them, and do just about any other creative thing you can think of to get the sweat flowing. The price of a Gopher ranges from $10 to $95 dollars; it just depends on the weight.
- Corey Vines Workout Socks are a brilliantly designed quick dry socks that offer optimal heel cushioning, chafing protection, and help prevent runner’s toe. If you have a runner in your life chances are they’ve proudly displayed this condition for you to view before; if you’re not familiar with what I’m referring to, runner’s toe is when your toes get all bruised and disgusting due to irritation from your shoes. It’s nasty. Do the runner in your life a favor and stuff a 3-pack in their stocking this Christmas. Price: $20.
- Crossfit Shorts There are so many different options and choices when it comes to shorts however I personally love the Hayabusa range, to keep you up to date I found a site that provides an ongoing top 50 list so choosing any in the top 5 would be a winner click here
- Columbia Gloves are soft, warm, and moisture wicking. The gloves even come equipped with a touch-screen compatible thumb that will make shuffling through your play list a breeze. Price: $40.
- Cold Gear Under Armour Beanie. This beanie is a gift from the fitness gods when it comes to cold weather training. This fleece hat will keep every winter crossfit athlete warm and dry. Price: $30.
- Action Wipes. Let’s face it, workouts make you stink. Unfortunately, there’s not always time to squeeze in a quick shower when you’re pressed for time. If you’re friends with a fitness buff I’m willing to bet you’ve noticed this problem at least once before. Action Wipes are all natural tea tree and eucalyptus scented moist wipes that are tough on dirt, grime, and body odor. Their safe for sensitive skin too so nobody has to miss out. Price: $25.
This concludes my list of crossfit gifts to give the fitness enthusiast a happy experience this year.