Fad diets have been around for years, and there is always a new fad diet that promises weight loss. People want to follow the crowd, and so they get involved with these fad diets, but there are some serious risks to taking part in these fad diets. Plus they never work. You might lose some weight in the beginning, but once you stop the diet, you gain all the weight back, plus some.
These fad diets aren’t meant to be long term health solutions, which is why they call them fad diets. They are a quick fix, and a quick fix never helps the problem at hand. The people and companies who come up with these fad diets don’t care about helping, they just want to make their money. They market to those that are desperate and trusting, and unfortunately those people then think they aren’t able to lose weight, when in fact if they knew how to eat right and exercise correctly, they could lose the weight and feel a lot better in the process without having to spend a lot of money.
The Fad Diets
There are hundreds of fad diets, but here are some popular ones that you should stay away from
– The Atkins Diet
– The low Carb diet
– South Beach Diet
– The Zone
– Hollywood Diet
– Cabbage Soup Diet
These diets are meant for you to lose weight quickly, but they aren’t the solution to long term weight loss and real health. You can lose some weight, but again, you will quickly gain it all back and most times even more weight. These fad diets put stress on the body, and cause the body to go into healing crisis, which means it will store fat.
7 Reasons to Stay Away Fad Diets
1. Any diet that wants you to eat a ton of animal meat for protein. First of all, our bodies don’t require that much protein in order to stay healthy. A mother’s breast milk is only six percent protein, and that is the most important developmental stage for humans. If we only need six percent then, then we don’t need any more than that now to stay healthy. The second reason to stay away from a diet full of meat is because meat has not water or fiber in it, which is two ingredients necessary for weight loss and health. Those people on the Atkins diet are severely backed up.
2. Any diet that claims you can lose weight without exercising. Exercise is important no matter what you eat. Exercise keeps your body fit and healthy, I like to do a fitness called crossfit it can be difficult most exercise should be to a certain level but I would suggest finding an exercise or a combination of exercises like crossfit that will keep you in shape.
3. Any diet that has a photo shopped picture of a before and after for their advertising campaign. This is a huge red flag. Even if the photo is real, you don’t know how these people got fit in the first place, but it definitely wasn’t from the fad diet.
4. Any diet that claims pills or processed drinks full of sugar will make you skinny. These pill and energy weight loss drinks are so bad for your body, and they make you crash after the caffeine buzz wears off. They want for you to crash so that you need to go buy more of their product. In the long run you will wind up with adrenal fatigue and all sorts of weight problems from the refined sugar.
5. Any diet that limits you to their processed food. Anything processed is going to be bad for your health. These companies get people to believe that somehow their “healthy” brownies and pizza are good, just because of the packaging that they are in. Stay away from it; they put something in it that isn’t good for you in the long run.
6. Any diet that says to drink their sugar milk drinks in order to lose weight. This is one of the worst things you can do to lose weight. Milk not only causes mucus in the body, but it also is full of fat and calories. Skim milk is just milk with water added to it, that doesn’t make it any healthier.
The real problem is that most people don’t know how to eat right, but it isn’t our fault. We grow up eating what our parents make for us, and then when we realize that we need to make some changes, we are thrown in to a huge amount of information that tells us everything under the sun. What is important is that you learn to start eating more naturally, and things that works for your body.
There will always be a new fad diet until we learn to take our health in to our hands, and begin to eat the right way. There is no magic pill, and there is no miracle cure for being overweight. The reason that people gain weight is because of what they eat, if you eat unhealthy foods, you will gain weight. On the other hand, if you eat healthy, natural foods, then you will become your natural healthy size and weight, and feel great in the process